Michael O'Boyle - ECHR
Born in 1950 in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Previously Registrar of the First and Fourth Sections of the Court.
- Author of various articles in the field of public law and human rights and co-author (with Professors Harris and Warbrick ) of the Law of the European Convention on Human Rights, Butterworths, 1995, the second edition of which was published by Oxford University Press in March 2009.
- Educated in Queens University, Belfast, (LLB), the Harvard Law School (LLM) and the International Institute of Human Rights, Strasbourg (Diploma in the international and comparative law of human rights).
- Barrister-at-Law and former Lecturer in Public Law, Faculty of Law, Queens University.
- Deputy Registrar of the Court from 13 February 2006 to 28 February 2015